Help your dogs stay calm during fireworks this Christmas
Dogs have an acute sense of hearing hence, loud sounds such as explosion and whistle can be very uncomfortable for them. This coming Christmas for sure everyone in your neighbor will have firework displays which may heighten your dogs anxiety.
Here are some tips to help your dog stay calm during fireworks:
- Create a calm space where your dog can’t easily see or hear the fireworks
- Give your dog its favorite toy or treat to keep it distracted
- Get your dog a calming wrap or a weighted blanket for extra comfort
- Keep yourself calm. Your calm face will give your dog reassurance that everything is fine
- Play or cuddle with your dog because they feel the safest when you hold them